Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Sweet New Ride

Today we bought our two cars!  There are about 10 bases on Okinawa, and Tommy works on one and we live on another, so we had to buy two.  There are very few new cars on the island - not that we would buy new - but just to put things in perspective for you.  The used car lots get their cars from mainland Japan and sell them here on the island.  Some are "normal" looking, but most are what I would call "island cars." They are pretty funky looking!  The more Westernized cars seem to have a higher markup from what I could tell, so it's in your best interest to buy Japanese style. 

Here's my Sweet New Ride!  It's a 2000 Mitsubishi SRS. I would liken it to a small SUV/minivan crossover.  The interior is very roomy and nice, but obviously the Gold color leaves a bit to be desired! :) I'm hoping it drives ok.  You don't get to test drive them. They have 300 cars crammed in this teeny tiny lot, so it's impossible to move them around.  But it comes with a current Japenese Car Inspection (way more stringent than anything in the States) and a one-year warranty.  Any suggestions for naming her? 



Sweet, huh?

Tommy bought a little blue 4-door '98 Daihatsu Storia.  It's pretty cute but it was all the way at the other end of the lot and it was 92 degrees out, so I ddin't go back for a picture!

4 comments:

mom said...

Can you paint it red? It looks like a Hawkeye car.....

Rissy Roo said...

The show, Pimp My Ride comes to mind =)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I think your mom has Hawk blood in her she's always comparing 'em to ISU It's your "Year of Gold"
Hawks are on a Roll...

Kimmero said...

I think Goldie is a perfect name for her!! And, gold IS half of Iowa State's colors too - so it's not all bad. Glad you had a better day today! Love reading the blog. Take care.