Thursday, April 19, 2012

I can't believe I've been MIA from the blogging world for so long!  My apologies. Do I have any readers left out there??

In the past month and a half, we have been so busy I can't see straight anymore.  First Tommy left to go back out onto the boat.  Every day, all day (and I do mean ALL DAY), Olivia and I would have this conversation:

O: "Daddy?"
M: "Daddy's on the boat."
O: "Daddy?"
M: "He'll be back in a few weeks, honey."
O: "Daddy...." (insert sad, whiny voice)
Then, 15 minutes later, we'd repeat the exact. same. conversation. Every day all day for 5 weeks!

So Tommy left, and I was busy running from office to office getting things done for our big move.  Plane tickets, cat reservations on both airlines, moving company paperwork done and set up, etc. etc.  I swear they make it purposefully difficult to leave this place just so you may perhaps change your mind and stay longer!

A few weeks later my friend Robin came to visit all the way from Iowa!  She and I went to high school together and roomed for a year together at Iowa State.  We were in each other's weddings, and she has flown to see me at every duty station we've been assigned to!  Robs was here for 2 weeks and we went all over the island... pedicures, lots of great food, three sunny days at Okuma resort up north, ziplining in the Jungle, Bunco, and lots of other fun things.  It was so great to have her here!

Then Tommy came home, which of course we were so excited about.  We crammed in a bunch of Easter festivities, and a few days later, amidst all the chaos of everything else, we headed to Tokyo!  Tokyo was awesome.... I could write long posts about our trip, and I probably should.  The first day we flew there and adventured out around our hotel.  The second day we did Tokyo Disneyland, which I will admit I was blown away by.  I didn't think much of HongKong Disney but TokyoDisney was AMAZING.  The third day we went to Tokyo Disney Sea.  Again, absolutely amazing!  The kids loved every second of it.  The fourth day we toured Tokyo via rail and subway and cab. :)  We went to Sensoji Temple, which was built in the year 645 (!!), saw the cherry blossoms in full bloom, and went to the top of Tokyo Tower to see the city.  Next we went to... (drum roll please)... Outback Steakhouse.  Lame? Maybe.  But this girl hasn't eaten in an American-style restaurant in almost 3 years aside from the Chili's on base. Yummy!!  Finally, we finished the day off with a visit to the Imperial Palace where the Emporer lives.  It was so cool - it had a real live moat surrounding it just like in Scooby Doo! :)  On Day 5 we were exhausted and lounged around the hotel until our flight.  So much excitement!

After Tokyo, we had to hit the ground running with the move stuff again.  This week I sold my car, had two inspections (housing and movers), set up a billion appointments, and have been sorting our belongings like a mad woman!  The movers come on Monday to take our furniture and other household goods, leaving us with just kitchen supplies, clothes, and a few toys. 

Oh, and I host Bunco tomorrow night.  Rubik's Cube is the theme... everyone wears one item of clothing/accessory from each color on the Cube and after each round of Bunco you switch a piece, trying to get yourself to all one color.  It will be Epic.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yes...missed your blogs, but know you were a little busy & still are. I still don't see how you get all those things accomplished, but way to go girl!!

Anonymous said...

I cant say it enough, thanks for having me! :O)
So glad you guys got a little family r & r time! :O) ~Aunt Robs

Anonymous said...

Wheeee! You and your family have been very busy, sometimes you make my head swim - but welcome back to your blog, you have been missed.
Best of all welcome back to VA - love having you here better!