Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yummy in My Tummy

My friend Debbie posted this recipe on Facebook and I'm a sucker for a good slow cooker recipe.  I have to admit the ingredients for the sauce seemed a little odd to me, but not only was it super easy (all things I have in my cupboard on hand!) it was YUMMY!  I served it with kidney bean & cucumber salad and mandarin oranges.  Enjoy!

Tangy Slow Cooker Pork Roast
1 large onion, sliced
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup white sugar
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste

 
Directions:

Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker and then place the roast on top of the onions. In a bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over roast. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours

3 comments:

Heather said...

i love my slow cooker! would use it every day if i could. i often visit the 365 days of crockpotting blog. lots of good recipes there if you haven't checked it out yet!

Megan Parker said...

thanks for the tip! will be checking that out!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Going to try this I selected and printed it Never had one that was that tasty...