Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yes, I'm Still Pregnant.

I've tried really hard to not be the grumpy pregnant lady.  I've put up with the lectures from the doctor about my weight. I've endured their every-other-day appointments, doctor visits, growth scans, and trips to Labor & Delivery.  I've even tolerated the super fun fake contractions I've been having since my car accident on DECEMBER 23rd. All while my husband was gone for 4 weeks, I might add.

But alas, now I am the grumpy, over-due pregnant lady. 

It is 9:39 a.m. and I have already received three "You're still pregnant?!?" comments from the peanut gallery today. My response? Yes. Yes, I am. And I'm SUPER excited about it.  Thank you for noticing.

Admittedly, I'm grumpy. But today is really the first day, and I feel I'm entitled to it.  Mostly because I've been awake since 3:42 a.m., when Wyatt got up to tell me he had wet through his diaper (how does one do that exactly?) for the second night in a row. So I got up and changed him, changed the sheets, put him back to bed.  Then I started having more fake contractions. Seething pain... then nothing.  Repeat.  Then the cat was in my face meowing for some unknown reason. Loudly. "MEOW!"  And pawing at my face.  Husband sleeping peacefully through all of this.  (How do they do that??)  Then the neighbor's alarm clock went off. Three times. You'd think beings our entire place is made entirely of CONCRETE that it would not be possible to hear. Yet I hear it every morning around 5 a.m. Then I hear their closet doors opening, their outside door opening, and their stupid dog going outside to pee and then barking because it wants back in.

And just as I'm drifting back to sleep.... MEOW!

Tommy's alarm goes off at 6:00 a.m. and I finally resign myself to the fact that I am not going to get to go back to sleep and get up.  At least I still have my Eggos and caramel latte, I think.  Then my latte machine breaks. Sweet!

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, and guess who I saw in the lobby?  My friend LeeAnne, who is due two days after me. Pushing a stroller.  With a baby in it.

"Oh, hi!" she says. "Oh.... you're still pregnant..."

Yes, yes I am.  Thank you for noticing.

Stick a fork in me.  'Cause I am DONE!

I understand that there really is no "positive" thing people can say to me at this point.  I'm just grumpy. And I'll get over it, but probably not until after I have the baby. At which point I will be even more exhausted, which will also be SUPER FUN!  Until then, you get to read my grumpy rants.  Lucky you!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I know, the end is alway rough but it's the end!! If it makes you feel any better when I was pregnant with Tyson I went to my 38 week apt and tried to schedule my induction. I had it in the end but it was not what the OB had planned. If you want a suggestion about Wyatt's leaking diaper, Target sells cheese cloth diapers by Gerber. Just quater it then fold it into thirds and put it in the front of his diaper. I did it with both boys and it works like a charm. Let me know and I can swing by Target and mail you some.

Rissy Roo said...

Well, good to know you haven't delivered and neglected to post pictures - I was getting worried. But the husband says, he would have delivered you 4 weeks ago, considering your SGA (small for gestational age) baby. In the OB world, when baby's aren't growing how they are supposed to inside Mom, they get delivered as soon as their lungs mature so they can get what they need on the outside. Perhaps the word 'induction' needs to be brought up at your next appointment and not because you're the grumpy pregnant lady, but for medical reasons!

Megan Parker said...

Forgot to mention, I do have an induction scheduled for Monday, 2/22. They wanted to do it earlier but I wanted to hold off. The induction process doesn't sound like much fun, although at this point neither is being 40+ weeks :) I feel better now after my rant! Michelle - the cheesecloth sounds genius. I found them on the Target web site and I can order them online if I can't find them at the PX (yeah, right...). Thanks!!